War against Coronavirus
If you are reading this, it means you already know the outbreak of the coronavirus or COVID-19. As per the current situation(9 June), this virus is already spread across 188 countries and more than 90,62,837 people are affected. More than 4,70,716 people are dead by this virus.
What is Coronavirus?
The name “Coronavirus” derived from the Latin Corona meaning “Crown” which represents its structure. They were first discovered in 1960, the earliest ones discovered in chickens. The human coronavirus is a family of viruses that causes respiratory infections and the main affected parts of the body are the nose, sinuses, upper throat or respiratory tract. A coronavirus can infect both animals and humans.
Type of Human Coronavirus:
There are three major types of Human coronavirus.
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- It was identified in December 2019. It causes respiratory infection and has shown evidence of human to human transmission. The current death rate is about 5.16%.
Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS-COV)
- It was identified in November 2002. Initial symptoms may include fever, cough, sore throat eventually leading to shortness of breath and pneumonia. The death rate is about 10%.
Middle east respiratory syndrome (MERS-COV)
- It was identified in September 2012. Symptoms may range from mild to severe which include cough, diarrhea, fever and shortness of breath. The death rate is about 35%.
How did this current outbreak happen?
It is believed that the current outbreak of this COVID-19 is started from the Seafood market in the central Chinese city of Wuhan in December 2019. Initially, the Chinese government locked down the whole Wuhan city for stopping the virus. It has suspended all outgoing flights and shut down the urban transport network.
The outbreak was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the world health organisation (WHO).
The current situation in India?
India is also affected by COVID-19. On 30 January, India’s first case was confirmed in Kerala. As of now (9 June), a total of 4,40,215 cases are confirmed including 100+ foreign nationals and 14,011 people lost their life due to COVID-19.
After four stages of Lockdown (22 Mar-31 May), Government of India issued Unlock 1.0 with considerable relaxations except for the containment zone.
Symptoms vary from person to person. Sometimes it may produce few or no symptoms. This can also lead to severe illness and may be fatal. Some common symptoms are:-
- Shortness of breath
- Breathing difficulties
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- A general feeling of being unwell.
In severe cases, the infection can cause pneumonia, kidney failure and even death.
It can take up to 2 weeks for a person to notice a symptom after infection.
How it spreads?
- Human coronavirus (COVID-19) most commonly spread from an infected person to another person.
- Through the air by coughing and sneezing.
- Close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands.
- Touching an object or surface with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose or eyes before washing your hands.
- Rarely through faecal contamination.
- People having a poor immune system are more vulnerable to this disease.
There are currently no vaccines available to protect human against coronavirus infection. But follow these practices to reduce the risk of coronavirus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Use a good quality mask. (Eg. N95 mask)
- Cover your mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Do not share your item with others.
- Clean all high touch surfaces often. For example table tops, phone, laptop, keyboards, doorknobs etc.
- Follow Social Distancing. Our honourable PM Shri Narendra Modi urged people to follow the “2 Gaj Doori” (a distance of two yards) Mantra.
Available medical treatment
- No specific treatment is currently available, so treatment is focused on the alleviation of symptoms.
- Take pain and fever medications under medical supervision.
- Use a room humidifier or take a hot shower to help ease a sore throat and cough.
- Drink plenty of liquids to prevent dehydration.
How to protect others?
If you have cold-like symptoms, you can help protect others by doing the following:
- Stay home while you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with others.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces.
How we can help you???
- We have Microbial Aerial Disinfestation Treatment Methodology by using ULV & Misting machines to control these viruses.
We are requesting to all of you don’t panic from the coronavirus. Just follow the safety precautions and spread awareness.
For any kind of professional help or Coronavirus Prevention Treatment. Kindly contact us.