War against Coronavirus
If you are reading this, it means you already know the outbreak of the coronavirus or COVID-19. As per the current situation this virus is already spread across 100+ countries and more than 1 lakh people are affected. At least 6,513 people is dead by this virus.
What is Coronavirus?
The name “Coronavirus” derived from the Latin Corona meaning “Crown” which represents its structure. They were first discovered in 1960, the earliest ones discovered in chickens. The human coronavirus is a family of viruses that causes respiratory infections and the main affected parts of the body are the nose, sinuses, upper throat or respiratory tract. A coronavirus can infect both animals and humans.
Type of Human Coronavirus:
There are three major types of Human coronavirus.
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- It was identified in December 2019. It causes respiratory infection and has shown evidence of human to human transmission. The current death rate is about 3.8%.
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS-COV)
- It was identified in November 2002. Initial symptoms may include fever, cough, sore throat eventually leading to shortness of breath and pneumonia. The death rate is about 10%.
- Middle east respiratory syndrome (MERS-COV)
- It was identified in September 2012. Symptoms may range from mild to severe which include cough, diarrhea, fever and shortness of breath. The death rate is about 35%.
How did this current outbreak happen?
It is believe that Current outbreak of this COVID-19 is started from the Sea food market in central Chinese city of Wuhan on December 2019. Initially the Chinese government locked down the whole Wuhan city for stopping the virus. It has suspended all outgoing flights and shut down urban transport network.
The outbreak was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the world health organisation (WHO).
Current situation in India?
India is also affected by the COVID-19. On 30 January, India’s first case was confirmed in Kerala. As of now (11 March), total 62 cases are confirmed including 16 foreign nationals.
Symptoms are vary from person to person. Sometimes it may produce few or no symptoms. This can also lead to severe illness and may be fatal. Some common symptoms are:-
- Shortness of breath
- Breathing difficulties
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- A general feeling of being unwell.
In severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, kidney failure and even death.
It can take up to 2 week for a person to notice symptom after infection.
How it spreads?
- Human coronavirus (covid-19) most commonly spread from an infected person to other person.
- Through the air by coughing and sneezing.
- Close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands.
- Touching an object or surface with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose or eyes before washing your hands.
- Rarely through faecal contamination.
- People having poor immune system are more vulnerable to this disease.
There are currently no vaccines available to protect human against coronavirus infection. But follow these practices to reduce the risk of coronavirus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Use good quality mask. (Eg. N95 mask)
- Cover your mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing.
- Use alcohol based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Do not share your personal item with others.
- Clean all high touch surfaces often. For example table tops, phone, laptop, keyboards, doorknobs etc.
Available medical treatment
- No specific treatment is currently available, so treatment is focus on alleviation of symptoms.
- Take pain and fever medications under medical supervision.
- Use a room humidifier or take a hot shower to help ease a sore throat and cough.
- Drink plenty of liquids to prevent dehydration.
How to protect other?
If you have cold-like symptoms, you can help protect others by doing the following:
- Stay home while you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with others.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces.
How we can help you???
- We have Microbial Aerial Disinfestation Treatment Methodology by using ULV & Misting machines to control these viruses.
We are requesting to all of you don’t panic from the coronavirus. Just follow the safety precautions and spread the awareness.
For any kind of professional help or Coronavirus Prevention Treatment. Kindly contact us.
Be Safe & Healthy.
Beat The Fear With Easy Care